MAINE BASKETBALL COMMISSION
The Maine Basketball Commission was founded in 1955. It is sponsored by the Maine Principals Association (MPA). The primary function of the “Commission” is to coordinate and communicate with Maine’s IAABO leaders and officials; provide for communication with MPA schools, athletic administrators, coaches; to conduct a required attendance pre-season rules clinic & points of concern/emphasis for officials and coaches; to oversee the selection, assignment and supervision of MPA State Basketball Tournament officials and officiating. The Maine Basketball Commission is represented by the Maine Basketball Commissioner. The Maine Basketball Commission conducts two (2) meetings (April & October) annually.
The Commission membership consists of representatives from the following organizations:
- Maine’s International Association of Approved Basketball Officials (IAABO) – 5 Representatives (Ed Baehr for our Board)
- Maine Principals’ Association (MPA) – 3 Representatives
- Maine State Superintendents Association (MSSA) -2 Representatives
- Maine Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association (MIAAA) – 1 Representative
- Maine Association of Basketball Coaches (MABC) – 2 Representatives
MAINE BASKETBALL COUNCIL
The Maine Basketball Commission is the organization that represents the five Maine IAABO boards and coordinates basketball officiating statewide.
Each board has five representatives that attend Council meetings. The Council traditionally meets annually in March.
TJ Halliday: Coordinator of Officals
Julie Goupille: IAABO, Inc. Region 10 Representative
Chris Barstow: Council Secretary
2022 Interpretation Clinic Schedule
|Board 21||6-Nov||2:00 PM||Summit Community Church||Gorham|
|Board 20||6-Nov||5:00 PM||Camp Chamberlain||Augusta|
|Board 18||13-Nov||1:00 PM||Rose Gaffney M.S.||Machias|
|Board 150||19-Nov||2:00 PM||Knights of Columbus||Presque Isle|
|Board 111||20-Nov||9:00 AM||Hampden Academy||Hampden|